Hey there beautiful people!
Have I got a special post for you today!
Last night, I went on a little baking adventure in my kitchen… and it lead me to muffin heaven!
My very first attempt at vegan and gluten free muffin baking was quite successful if I may say so myself! I think you may want to make these ASAP!
Banana Nut Blueberry Muffin Bliss (Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, and Vegan)
Yield: 12 muffins
- 2 ripe mashed bananas (I used frozen ones and microwaved them until soft!)
- 1 ¼ cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- ¾ cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 TBS ground flax seeds (for flax egg)
- 5 prunes
- 9 TBS. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 TBS. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make flax egg mixture: Blend the almond milk and prunes together until smooth. Add the almond milk mixture with the flax into a small bowl. Stir and let sit while preparing other ingredients.
- Combine the gluten free flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Add bananas, vanilla extract, and flax egg into the mixture. Stir well!
- Finally, fold in the walnuts and blueberries into the mix.
- Scoop batter into a 12 muffin tin pan, and drizzle ½ tsp of maple syrup over each muffin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (or until a toothpick/knife comes out clean) Remove and let cool –
Click on the link below for a printer friendly version 🙂
Banana Nut Blueberry Muffin Bliss (Printer Friendly!)
These muffins are not only moist, delicious, and nutritious, there is no added refined sugar! Guilt free goodie!
Why are they so healthy you ask?
- The highest antioxidant capacity of all fresh fruit
- Neutralize free radicals which can affect disease and aging in the body
- Aid in reducing Belly Fat
- Promote Vision and Brain Health
- Helps relieve constipation (TMI?) and aids in digestion (full of fiber!)
- Fights Cholesterol
- Fights Diabetes
- Fights Cancer
- Fights Constipation
- Fights Inflammation
- Fights Menopausal Symptoms
- Fights Heart Disease
- Flax strengthens the Immune System
- Flax fights “The Blues”
Among other things!!!
Although they are healthy, they really do taste amazing!
My roommates totally approved and thought they were delicious. They were impressed!
How do I know? One of them said “Wow, I’m impressed!” 😉
My dinner last night consisted of:
and my semi- not so successful attempt at making sweet potato chips:
Still OKAY, but needs some work!
I’d say it was a pretty productive evening last night though!
I succumbed to that “trendy” different color ring finger nail. I actually like it! Don’t know where that came from though… why paint one of your nails differently? Anyone know?!?
After a productive evening of baking and nail finger painting, this morning I had some more muffin!
Topped with almond butter! On the side: a blueberry smoothie!
If I keep eating so many blueberries I may end up like this:
Love that movie!!!
Now I am fully fullified from my breakfast!
Just sipping on some delicious tea from David’s Tea:
I forgot how good this tea was!!! I am usually “too lazy” to make loose leaf tea…so I usually just go straight for the bagged tea… But this morning, I was feeling adventurous, I decided to take the extra .2 seconds and brew some Alpine Punch! Totally worth it!!!
Have an amazing day everyone!
You are all berry bluetiful!