With this tasty
Tropical Orange Mango Fennel Salad w/ Toasted Almonds
For the salad:
- 1 medium fennel bulb
- 1/4 cup finely sliced onions
- 1 small pit-less orange
- 1 mango
- 1/3 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup blanched diced almonds
For the dressing:
- 4 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs melted virgin coconut oil
- Tabasco sauce (last minute add in – unpictured)
- salt and pepper to taste!
2) Place in a medium mixing bowl
3) Put the almonds in a pan on medium heat and stir until they go from this:
(Once the almonds are golden – remove from heat immediately – they burn quickly!)
4) Add the almonds to the salad and toss in the coconut oil and apple cider vinegar. Salt, pepper and Tabasco to taste!
The tartness from the vinegar in contrast with the sweetness from the fruit and oil with a little kick of spicy from the Tabasco really works! Very tropical!
Just a little note: If you refrigerate the salad, the coconut oil kind of “hardens” and makes the salad not look as pretty – but it’s still darn darn tasty!
I love the licorice-y taste of fennel! I know some people absolutely cannot stand this taste – what are your thoughts on fennel or licorice? Is it a yay or nay in your taste bud department?
It’s a big YAY for me…
Plus it’s super healthy and has great health benefits. Click here to read more about how great fennel is for ya body!
Here are some of my other recent eats:
for breakfast this morning:
Today is going to be a study day for moi! I want Saturday to be here. SUMMER BREAK IS. SO. CLOSE.
🙂 Have a terrific Tuesday!