Good morning everyone!!
You get the point…How YOU doin?!? 😉
It’s no secret that I like prunes.
It’s no secret that I LOVE nut butters.
It’s no secret that I haven’t showered in three days.
Oh wait… That was a secret. SHH!
But back to the prunes and nut butters – did you know that they go fabulously together?!
And when I say fabulous. I mean FAB-U-LOUS.
I hope you all like prunes because I have a really easy to make frozen treat for you today. Are you as excited as I am?!?
Yesterday, I had fun with prunes. How about that. Who knew that fun and prunes are a match made in kitchen?!
Prune Nut Butter Freezies
- Pitted Prunes
- Any nut or seed butter you like!
- Cacao nibs
- Coconut shreds
- Chocolate sauce (1 tbs melted coconut oil+1 tbs unsweetened cacao powder+liquid stevia)
Procedure: these are so easy!!
- Flatten a prune with the back of a spoon. (Or make a little bowl shape with the prune)
- Dollop a little nut or seed butter of your choice onto the prune.
- Add additional toppings if you like! (get creative!)
- Freeze for about an hour. Leave in freezer and enjoy at anytime!
These treats don’t actually freeze per se – but the prune and nut butter get kind of this yummy doughy texture. These are just so simple, but SO good!
For my prune freezie topping variations I did:
- Sunflower seed butter topped with sunflower seeds.
- Peanut butter topped with coconut shreds
- Peanut butter topped with cacao nibs
- Cashew butter topped with cashews
- Sunflower seed butter topped with chocolate sauce and coconut shreds
- Prune bowl topped with peanut butter and a hazelnut
You won’t regret it!
SEMI OFF TOPIC: (this prune post reminds me of how uncomfortable the feeling of prune-y fingers is after being in water for too long…) You know what I’m sayin’?
Okay back on track!
The making of this sweet treat contributed to the almost emptying of my peanut butter jar….
You do know what that means, right?!?!
Dum da da DUM…OATS IN A JAR!
My favorite! There is nothing better than oats in a jar (breakfast wise)… Scooping out the oats while getting a little of that peanut butter bottom is just divine…
Ha, peanut butter bottom makes me think of a peanut butter booty. (one can dream)
But don’t worry, I am referring to the peanut butter bottom of the jar.
This morning my oats were: Raspberry Oats in a PB Jar
Now this jar is EM-TEE!
Another empty nut butter jar – wonder if I can empty the rest of my jars before I move out?!? It’s a challenge I’m willing to
Have a wonderful Wednesday all you beautiful people!
Catch ya later,