Happy Friday to YOU!
I’ll start you off with a fun recipe to fiesta with this Friday!
If you like sushi and Mexican food – You will LOVE this!
If you DON’T like “traditional sushi,” but like Mexican food – You will LOVE this!
Seriously, this is some of the best “sushi” I have ever had…. no lie!
See, a few months ago, I had sushi at a restaurant and got really sick afterwards… I haven’t touched the stuff since!
Until this MEXICAN SUSHI:
Makes 2 rolls (12 sushi pieces) This is vegan – and gluten free!
You will need:
- 3/4 cup of low sodium brown rice and beans from a can (or home-made brown rice and beans)
- A tomato
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 1/4 of a lemon
- some onion
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 nori seaweed sheets
Procedure: (I struggled a bit with the wording – so if the procedure needs clarity in any way, let me know!)
1) Slice the avocado into big long chunks. Squeeze with lemon to prevent from browning.
2) Slice some onion and tomato into long julienned pieces. (For the tomato, only use the skin and not the mushy/liquid interior)
3) Assemble the sushi. Place the nori sheet on a flat surface, spreading half of the rice on the sheet, leaving a one inch strip at the top. Then add the avocado, tomato, onion, and cilantro.
4) Wet the one inch strip with water or lemon juice.
5) Roll the nori sheet (starting from the bottom..opposite the one inch strip) – enveloping the interior filling.
6) Repeat steps 3-5 for the second sushi roll.
7) Individually wrap the rolls in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 to 25 minutes.
8) Take the rolls out of the fridge, unwrap them from the plastic wrap, and cut into one inch segments (6 pieces per roll) using a sharp knife.
9) Enjoy right away – use salsa for dipping! (the spicier the better!)
SO good- I LOVED the huge chunks of avocado too!
Have a great Friday!!